Monday, January 15, 2007

The Valley Of Sillicon

Listening to: Ben Folds – Annie Waits (song)


I arrived in SFO last noon, and we caught our limo to San Jose, an hour’s drive south of the Bay. Checked into my room, which is more like a studio apartment with a small kitchen and bath. This is gonna be my home for the next month or so…

Later, the guys from the car-rental company dropped by and passed me the keys to a yellow 1.8L Sentra.

Fuck, I was hoping for the Taurus. But I’m here on X Inc.’s good graces, and they’re paying for everything. Be a little grateful, BrightEyes…

Nothing to do much last evening… after all I had just arrived that noon after a 18-hr. flight from Penang. Just drove the Sentra around the darkened suburban streets of San Jose & Milpitas, bought some groceries & a pizza, and chatted with the pizza place’s owner and her pals about Malaysia, the Bay Area, Jenny Lewis & Rilo Kiley, Ravi Shankar & Norah Jones.

Well, I’m wide awake, it’s morning. Time to drive the others around. They wanna go shopping for food, phonecards, and other stuff. But first things first, lets finish this KrispeKreme donut…

No comments: